If you need a specific document from our Access Downloads page but can’t find it please call our Access Office on 01227 949817
Statements from QAA: 6 January 2021
Following the Government announcement of a further National Lockdown, QAA has issued the following statements regarding the award and assessment of the Access to HE Diploma for 2020-21.
Statement for providers: https://www.qaa.ac.uk/en/access-to-he/covid-19-support-and-information-Access/arrangements-for-the-award-and-assessment-of-the-access-to-he-diploma-2020-21-update-for-providers-jan-21
QAA are running a series of provider forums – more details and links for booking here: https://www.qaa.ac.uk/news-events/events/access-to-he-provider-forum-awarding-the-access-to-he-diploma-7-13-january-2021
Statement for students: https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/news-events/support-and-information-covid-19/arrangements-for-the-award-and-assessment-of-the-access-to-he-diploma-2020-21-update-for-students-jan-21
QAA are also running a series of student forums between 7 – 13 January – more details and links for booking here: https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/news-events/events/access-to-he-student-forum-awarding-the-access-to-he-diploma-2020-21
Finding your way around our Access Area
- If you are either a current student on an Access Course, or are thinking about joining a course please select our ‘For Students’ tab above or look in our ‘Access Course Finder’ tab.
- If you are a colleague from a university seeking more information about Access to HE Diplomas validated by Laser Learning Awards (LASER) please select our ‘For HE Staff’ tab above.
- If you are from a college or other centre providing Access to HE courses please select the ‘For Centres’ tab above.
LASER and Access to HE in the South East Region
There are 44 colleges and other centres providing LASER validated Access Diplomas in and around the south east and each year almost 4,000 students register on these courses. We work closely with the admissions departments of universities in the region to support Access as a recognised progression route into degree courses.
Our services include:
- Annual Access Conference/Event
- A range of briefings, information leaflets and e-publications to support tutors
- A secure web area for centres to; share resources and communicate with each other
- Access online forum led by expert subject practitioners, https://www.laser-awards.org.uk/access-online-forum-subject-leaders/
- A dedicated Access to HE Team
Click the button to go to our Moderators Resources page: For Moderators
- Annual Access Moderators Event
- Online training
- A range of briefings and publications to support moderation activity
- Invitations to practitioner events
- An Access results service for universities
- A forum for sharing Access related admissions issues
- A Facebook page for Access students
- Annual prizes for ‘outstanding commitment’ and ‘outstanding achievement’
For information on setting up Access provision or becoming an LASER approved Access centre please contact us on 01227 811827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to relevant agencies for further Access information
The links on this section contain further useful information relating to Access programmes and higher education.
The central body responsible for co-ordinating the applications process for higher education institutions.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
The agency responsible for assuring the quality of the Access to HE Framework which guarantees the standards of Access to HE programmes. You can use this site if you are a student, Access Tutor or HE Admissions Tutor to discover more about Access to HE Diplomas. There is also a searchable online database of Access courses.