Join the pilot Skills for Academic Study – e-learning courses
We are pleased to announce that we are ready to start piloting our new online e-learning Skills for Academic Study courses which have been developed to support Access to HE students review and develop their written skills in preparation for both succeeding on their Access courses and in making the transition to study in higher education.
The courses cover a range of areas that will help students to develop their writing skills:
We would like to invite LASER Access centres to identify a group of students to pilot the suite of courses and to provide us with feedback so that we can make changes as required, prior to their full launch by the end of this academic year.
How to join in the pilot
- Tell us you would like to take part in the pilot (email email@example.com) and Marie will send you the easy to use sign up process
- Identify a group or groups of students who would benefit from supplementary study skills
- Enter their details on the registration spreadsheet (specifically for the Znanja pilot)
- Send the email to LASER
- That’s it!
How the pilot will work
- You send us student lists in a spreadsheet
- We create a centre portal for your college in our Znanja Learning Management System (LMS) and provide you with one or more Tutor/Instructor logins, so you can monitor progress
- We upload the students onto a the LMS
- The students work through the course and upon completion can print out a certificate of completion
- Students complete the online feedback
Please contact the LASER Access Office if you have any questions or queries. Call 01227 811827 or email Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org