This one day course is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (e.g. classroom, training environment). PLEASE NOTE: Teaching will continue throughout 2020 but learners must book by 30 June 2020.
Who can attend
- Those who aspire to an assessor role.
- Those who are currently undertaking an assessor role.
- Those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of assessment without any requirement to demonstrate competence as an assessor.
Training delivery and assessment
a) Delivery Method 1
- There will be 1 delivery session.
- Delivery will be classroom based with content and activities focusing on, where possible, the learner’s own experience.
- Learners will be participating individually, in small groups and as a class.
- There will be plenty of note taking opportunities which will be accompanied by paper and electronic handouts.
- After completion of the course each learner will compile a portfolio of evidence to show they have met each unit assessment criteria.
b) Delivery Method 2
- Delivery will be by Distance Learning
- The tutor will discuss on a 1-2-1 basis the course content, assessment and agree a schedule of support.
- Dedicated support will be conducted by email, phone or skype.
- Assessment will be a compilation of a workbook covering each assessment criteria
Achieving this qualification would enable progression onto:
- Level 3 Assessor qualifications.
- Level 3 and/or Level 4 Education and Training related qualifications.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
Where and when will it be
Due to the current circumstances all training sessions we are running have been postponed indefinitely, we will be booking further training courses once it is safe to do so.
How much does it cost
£250.00 per learner per course
How to book
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.