This session is an introduction for assessors who are new to credit based learning. It will include the processes and recording systems that need to be in place, including how to present and reference learner evidence so that it can be easily located by the IQA and EQA.
By the end of the session you will:
- Have a general understanding of the role of the assessor.
- Know which LASER templates an assessor should use.
- Be able to reference learner evidence.
- Know which documents an assessor should complete and retain.
- Be able to access the frequently asked questions area on the website.
Delegates may also with to attend the Introduction to the Role of IQA session, which takes place on the same day from 13.30 until 16.00.
Who can attend
- Those who aspire to an assessor role.
- Those who will shortly be undertaking an assessor role.
- Managers who are new to the organisation and who wish to have an understanding of the role of the assessor.
- There will be 1 classroom delivery session.
- Learners will be participating individually, in small groups and as a class.
- There will be plenty of note taking opportunities which will be accompanied by paper and electronic handouts.
Attending this training would enable you to progress onto:
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Where and when will it be
24 March 2020 10.00 – 12.30 Park Court, Pyrford Road, West Byfleet
21 May 2020 10.00 – 12.30 Park Court, Pyrford Road, West Byfleet
How much does it cost
£55.00 per learner
Cost for the whole day (including the Introduction to the Role of IQA training) – £110.00 per learner
A discount of £5 per delegate will be offered for multiple bookings (2 or more) for attendees attending the same session, on the same day.
How to book