Holding Standardisation events is part of the LASER quality model, it is the process by which Centres and LASER ensure that individual units are being consistently administered, assessed and awarded, and that consistency is in line with the level and value placed on the units.
Benefits of attending these events include networking with colleagues from other educational organisations, sharing good assessment and internal verification practices, receiving updates on qualification developments and processes.
Laser Learning Awards standardisation events are free. To book your place please click on your preferred date below:
Date Time Location
Due to COVID-19 restrictions 2021 Standardisaton events will be delivered remotely via Zoom.
26 April 2021 Time 10.30-12.30 – FULLY BOOKED – SPACES STILL AVAILABLE ON THE 28TH
Entry Level, Level 1, 2, 3 and Bespoke
The standardisation objectives remain the same:
- To ensure comparable assessment standards are achieved year on year
- To ensure consistency of delivery and assessment across all centres.
The LASER standardisation events are suitable for those staff:
- Identified on the Centre Action Plan following an external quality assurance report
- Where the programme has only one assessor
- In cases where Centre Standardisation wasn’t undertaken in 2019/20
- Internal Quality Assurers who are new to LASER qualifications
- Wishing to develop their quality assurance skills
For further information please follow the hyperlink https://www.laser-awards.org.uk/laser-qualifications/quality/standardisation/
For more information on LASER standardisation events please contact Laurraine Strickland