What is Direct Claims Status?
Direct Claims Status allows authorised Internal Quality Assurers (AIQA) to claim achievement for their organisation’s courses within specified curriculum areas. AIQAs are responsible for ensuring the security of the award of credit by checking that the centre’s own internal quality systems are appropriate and properly implemented.
- taking control of, and responsibility for your quality systems and processes;
- signing recommendations of award of credit (RACs) for centre’s learners so ensuring certification within your own timescales;
- on-going support and advice from your dedicated LASER Quality Reviewer;
- an opportunity to access CPD;
- empowering practitioners in their quality practice.
Achieving Direct Claims Status for Your Organisation
What you will need to do:
All LASER Recognised Centres should seek to achieve direct claims status for their provision in order to both ensure and measure the rigour and robustness of internal quality systems and to avoid potential future increases in the cost of quality review.
Approved Internal Quality Assurer (AIQA)
All approved LASER AIQA’s are required to attend a minimum of one AIQA Networking event at least every two years.
Upcoming AIQA Networking Forum