We are looking for individuals to edit e-learning materials that have been uploaded into our Learning Management System (LMS).
LASER has commissioned a range of courses that have been authored by subject specialists and then converted into e-learning using our ‘Znanja’ LMS system. The conversion process creates e-learning courses that then require further editing to make them ready for use with learners. No subject specialist knowledge is required for this editing, although a general familiarity and understanding of how learning materials can be structured to make them accessible to and engaging for learners is needed.
The editing will include, but not be restricted to:
- Proof reading for accuracy/consistency of style and appearance
- Addition of images and amendments to layout to enhance the presentation of the courses
- Where necessary to create (using the inbuilt features of the LMS) short quiz style activities to help learners engage with the materials and demonstrate knowledge
- Review structure of the courses and suggest improvements where appropriate
- Good IT user skills
- Ability/willingness to learn how to use the editing features of the Znanja LMS
- High standard of written English
- An ability to develop a good visual layout and design for learning materials
Terms and Conditions
You will be contracted on an external consultancy basis with a fixed fee for specific pieces of work relating to one or more courses. Rates will depend on the scope of the task for each course related to course length and complexity and will be agreed on a case by case basis. You will need to provide your own IT equipment that can access and run the online Znanja LMS as well as standard software packages such as Word (or equivalent). A good internet connection is essential.
Training and support will be provided via guidance documents produced by LASER and online resources created by the company that developed the Znanja LMS. Further support will be available via telephone/email/virtual meeting. For an introduction to the Znanja LMS go to https://znanja.com/
There is no requirement to travel or attend specific locations and this work would be suitable for home workers in any location.
Please send a brief letter of application stating how you are suitable for the role and meet the essential skills identified above. Up to two referees may be included in an application and CVs are welcome but not essential.
Please send applications and/or requests for further details or to arrange a time for a chat please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org We are keen to start working with successful candidates as soon as possible. The final closing date for this call for editors is 18 January 2019.